Is the Problem the Gun or the Shooter?
- It is sad and gut wrenching news every time there is a violent incident at a school or anywhere. Is the problem in these incidents the gun or the shooter?
- You tell me.
- In each one of these instances, calls rise for abolishing gun ownership rights.
- Do these guns shoot themselves?
- Why not call for banning cars and trucks as well every time a car or a truck plows in a crowd? Why not ban knives and axes while at it?
Why do we have the second amendment in the constitution?
- To protect the people from the government’s overreach and to protect homes from being invaded by the armed forces
- In addition to that protection, gun ownership is an every day necessity for people living in some locations.
- Is there a political reason behind the attacks on the second amendment?
- My answer is “Yes”.
- I will let you figure out why that is.